Saturday, April 22, 2006

Back from hiatus - it's BLOB time!

It's official - I've come out of hiding!

Sorry for the delay in updating this, you see, I'm a very busy gal. Not to confuse "busy" with "important" - I've just had lots of things to do, and unfortunately, blogging got bumped to the back burner.

One of the reasons I have neglected my piece of the cyber pie is this - Dono and I just came back last week from a refreshing, fun, and well-deserved holiday!

First we hit up Calgary (YYC, in airline terms) to visit our dear friends, and new parents, Danny and Lyndsay - and we were excited and thrilled to meet their baby girl Lilly!

Danny and Lyndsay are fantasmically wonderful people, terrific friends, and fabulous parents (if they trusted us with their little girl in our arms, that makes them aces in my books!) HA!


Here's a picture of Donovan enjoying a quick nap while Lilly screams (I'm trying my best to stay calm....."Lyndsay, I think she wants her mommy now!").











And here, Lilly's cries have awoken Donovan from his once-peaceful slumber, but she seems to have found solace in his ear-piercing cries. ("Lyndsay, I think he needs a diaper change!").



Danny and Lyndsay are gracious hosts, and a blast to be around - but our visit was short-lived, because after 2 days, we were off to Vancouver (YVR) to visit Uncle Walter and Hilde!

Unc picked us up from the airport in beautiful YVR, a city riddled with colour (it was a nice change from home, with the dead grass and empty flower beds), half an hour late due to traffic tie-ups (which was totally ok by Dono and myself - gave us plenty of time to play "What colour car does Unc drive? Is that him? Or is THAT him?!") and we all went out for a bite at the Flying Beaver while the jams died down. From that point on, we knew we were going to go home with sore cheeks and stomachs from lots of smiling and laughter!

You see, Unc and Hilde are a force to be reckoned with! This wild duo are non-stop crazy! From their cute bicker-sessions to their full-out off-the-wall-induced antics, ensued by belly-laughs, Unc and Hilde are always a pleasure to be around.

Unc, being the bighearted man that he is, went so far to be an accomodating host as to take me on a trip to Ikea - and he put up with me! We had a blast, walking through the maze of merchandise, and Unc even managed to catch a test snooze on a bed display!

Unc asked me when I was going to BLOB again (he says he enjoys reading my blog!), so here ya go, Unc! This one's for you!

So there you are, my reason for being a blog...errr, BLOB slacker! I'll do my best, now that things appear to be returning to normal, to keep this more up to date!

Currently playing: Rod Stewart - Downtown Train

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like I coined a new word that is going to haunt me forever. BLOB.

Let me tell you, these characters from Winnipeg are yawners till noon or so. Then they turn into party animals. Didn’t get to bed any earlier than 2 am, Vancouver time. It was fun to see who could sneak the biggest whopper past the others.

They were gracious not to complain about a midnight sightseeing tour on a cold rainy night to North Vancouver. Shows you how easy these folk are to be with. Even my cats took to them.

The Ikea shopping with Cat was an experience. I have heard of this affliction called Ikeamanic but I had never seen it in action. Cat started with a buggy and ended up hauling a flatbed full of goodies behind it. Had she added on another buggy or flatbed it would have looked like train weaving around pedestrians checking out the various displays. I wasn’t sure the plane would be able to lift off with all that extra weight.

I tried my best to keep the young folk entertained. Tested out some beds, sat on a tipsy stool for a laugh, and almost entered a hot dog eating contest as we exited the cashiers. In wandering this maze marked with arrows that lead you to every nook and cranny of the store, the Neil Diamond old classic “Stones” kept randomly playing in my head.

H & I had such a great time that we’re looking forward to your next visit.

9:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home