Monday, March 27, 2006

Ode to my husband

My husband is a better wife than I am!

Rest assured, he is definitely 100% man! But let me tell you, he certainly makes a better housewife than I do!

I HAD to blog about this, the most recent installment in my mental catalog, "Reasons Why I Married the Best Man Ever".

Aside from the fact that he does housework (without prompting) - dishes, laundry, etc., this one takes the cake.

The other day, on one of my few days off, Dono called in sick to work. I thought this would be a great opportunity for us to play! And after he did some resting and general getting-bettering (?!), we had a chance to sit down together and watch some TV. Well, my poor husband was too sick to care what was on the tube - so he indulged me when I asked him if he minded if we watched the only soap I've ever watched - Days of Our Lives.

It was noon - this meant the show we were about to watch was a rerun of yesterday's 3:30pm show. Well, the show began with sweet Mimi being coerced by her mother Bonnie and fellow vixen Kate to guilt Belle (Kate's daughter-in-law) into NOT telling Mimi's future husband - Shawn (Belle's first love) - that she's still in love with him. Well, after THAT introduction, the editors cut to a scene of Carrie lying in a hospital bed, with Lucas and Austin on either side (both boys are step-brother to Phillip - Kate's son and Belle's husband, just fyi!), and she was going to tell the men which of the two she's decided to spend the rest of her life with. Both men were sweaty and anxious, and Carrie, being a soapstar, has the endearing, inherent quality of dragging scenes out to last an entire show.

Well! Donovan was GLUED to the tv! "Who is Carrie going to pick? I hope she picks Lucas, he seems like a nice guy!" ..."Oh man, Belle is SO going to tell Shawn at the wedding! That's going to be disasterous!"

So by the end of the show, Donovan told me he wanted to call in sick the next day just so he could stay home and watch - this was when I informed him that, "Hey, guess what, a new one is on at 3:30 today!"

I had NO IDEA the monster (in an endearling manner - more of a sweet, cuddly creature!) I've created! Donovan kept talking about the first show long after it was over, and was sitting in front of the tv waiting for the next one a half hour early!

3:30 rolls around - and there we are, a picture of what we were a mere 3 hours prior, cuddled on the couch and watching these dramatic stories unfold before our eyes.....when Dono pronounces, "We need bonbons to eat while watching this!"

"Yeah," I said, "but there's no time to get any. Do we have anything in the house we can substitute?"

"No....I'm gonna go to the store!", Dono exclaimed!

"NOO, you'll miss something!"

"Kitty, we NEED chocolate to eat to watch this!"

So sure enough, by the time the next commercial break rolled around, Dono bolted out the door and got in my car and sped to the 7-11! He came back, after having missed really nothing spectacular, with a bag of Fudgee-o cookies!

Well, we devoured those cookies as quickly as we devoured the storylines on the show, sinking our teeth into the fudgee-o goodness as we bit into the delicious drama of Sammy blackmailing Lexi into persuading Carrie into choosing one guy over the other.

Mmmmm, deeeeee-licious!

I've married the best man EVER!

1 Comments:

Blogger Donovan Yaciuk said...

It won't be so lovable when I drag you to the Auto show this weekend so I can get my photo taken with Kyle Brandt - aka "Phillp Kiriakis", from TV's Days of Our Lives!!!

11:08 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home