Saturday, February 18, 2006

Slogans I Hate

Year after year, season after season, advertisers from around the nation all flock to one common sales tag line to highlight their offerings for any particular time of year. And this drives me nuts! Where is the creativity, people? My guess is advertisers are just getting lazy now - and hey, what may have worked ONCE (the first time it was used 20 years ago), why not use it again? And again? And AGAIN?

This drives me crazy.

(To see other related things that make me feel this way, visit "Words that make me crazy".)

The following is a list - albeit a SMALL list - of phrases/slogans/tag lines that drive me mad:

1. For the September-October sales: Fall into savings
And similarly, for the April-May deals: Spring into savings

grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

2. For Valetine's Day: A Sweetheart of a deal!

GRRRRR!!!!!

Ok, so honestly, those are the only ones I can think of. But believe me, if I think of any more, I'll definitely put them up here! Help me out guys, what am I missing? What slogans do you see/hear that are just plain irritating?!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's another one for Leon's at their holiday sales...'Ho Ho Hold the payments'.

12:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home