Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...

...and OTHER REASONS I've been neglectful in fulfilling my blob-duties!

10. Shift work (note: I had to REALLY REMEMBER to put the "f" in "shift"!)
9. Living a life on the lam isn't all it's cracked up to be
8. I've got a hot husband!!!
7. I've got a messy husband!!! (read: relentless house cleaning!)
6. Have I posted pictures of my adorable niece? Is she just not SOOO CUTE?!!
5. Fighting off hoards of hungry, angry wasps
4. The sheep in the basement won't let me near my computer
3. I've been bombarded by calls from "Betty, the woman who's hosting Free Scripture Readings in Your Area"
2. Sometimes it's important to sleep!

....and the NUMBER 1 reason I've been absent from the cyber world....

RICHARD DAWSON!

Yes, it's true - I'm a Game Show Network-a-holic!

Aside from the traditional favourites of the GSN (Lingo, Password, Press Your Luck) that have consumed much of my time and have probably either permanently damaged my grey matter or heightened my intellectual state, I've come to terms with a minor obsession that's been harbouring since Dono and I came back from a GSN marathon in Sifton, MB...

Not an Anderson Cooper or Bono-type fixation.

My fascination for Richard Dawson is a bit more complex.

Who else in the world could be a panelist for Match Game (73-78) that smokes cigars on stage, looks down his fellow female panelist's shirts as they're composing their responses, and later host a timeless game show and get away with making out with all the female contestants?

What, you think it was just a harmless peck on the lips that he so easily doled out on the Family Feud?

Consider THIS: When Richard was 49, back in 1981, the Johnson family appeared on Family Feud and Richard was introduced to 27 year old Gretchen. They had a daughter, Shannon Nicole, in 1990, and were married in 1991.

I'm going to throw away any feministic notions here and say RICHARD DAWSON WAS THE MAN, and NO ONE can ever touch his ladies' man legacy!

Wait a sec.....Tom Cruise - isn't he, like, 44? And Katie Holmes, well she's 27....

Ok, sorry Richard, I guess you're not THAT untouchable!

I guess I'll just stick to watching Chuck Woolery and Lingo then!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home