Friday, January 27, 2006

My niece is the CUTEST BABY EVER!

And why wouldn't she be? She's related to me! HA!

Making the first of many blog entries to come, here is my precious goddaughter Alexis Marie!

You know how when a new baby enters the family, everyone says s/he is the cutest little baby ever? Well, sure they all say it, but I really mean it!

Her cheeks are like big, soft marshmallows, her eyes are huge and dark and full of wonder, and her hair has grown from that of a troll-doll/chia pet fro to a sweep of beautiful, long dark locks.

Lexi is just over 9 months old already, and this Curious little Georgette is in full-crawl-mode! She completely makes my day, when I go to my sister's to visit - I'll yell out from around the corner, "Where's my little poopits?" (note: "poopits" is a term of endearment, a Ukrainian slang'ish word we heard in our household when we were growing up), and I'll hear the high-pitched squeal of recognition and hear the thump-thump-thump of her little hands and knees as they crawl furiously around the corner to see her aunty!

She gives the world's best snuggles and hugs, and she's even learning how to give kisses (although Aunty still has to sneak one in every now and then, only to watch Lexi squeal with excitement and play coy as she throws her head to the other side and laughs)!

I was fortunate enough to have been asked by Leanne to be in the delivery room with her as she popped this little angel out - and from that moment, when I first saw Lexi being brought into this world, I fell in love with her. It was such an amazing experience, to have witnessed something so powerful and so miraculous - and now, to see Lexi, to watch her grow, I see my sister and my brother-in-law Jon in her more and more every day - to know that they made this perfect little girl, and to actually see the resemblance - it's one thing to hear about it, but to actually experience it is something undescribable. I just can't wait for Donovan and I to start having our own little ones -I can't wait to meet them, and to see which of our features s/he will have!

So tell me, is this not the cutest baby EVER??!


Oh man, I want a baby!

Currently playing: Roy Orbison - Mystery Girl

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...what an adorable baby!

3:23 p.m.  
Blogger cat yaciuk said...

she is pretty stinkin' cute, eh?! (proud auntie)

9:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home