Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I don't get it!

So I'm sitting here, and for some reason, I thought it'd be interesting to see how much one ounce is.

So I went to www.askjeeves.com, and I typed in "How much is one ounce?" in the search engine. The first page that came up contains the following text:

"An ounce is equal to 437.5 grains, 1/16 of a pound, or 28.350 grams. The system of having 16 ounces in a pound is called the avoirdupois system.

Note: An ounce is a unit of weight that is not equal to a fluid ounce which is a measure of volume. The troy or apothecary weight system has one ounce = 480 grains = 31.103 grams and 12 ounces = 1 pound! That means one avoirdupois ounce is equal to 0.910 troy ounce. Yikes!"

"Yikes"? "Yikes" meaning "I don't know what the hell it was I just typed? Or "Yikes, I'm the world's biggest nerd"?

I don't get it. And maybe I'm glad I don't.....

I still don't know how much one ounce is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home