Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Welcome Home, TPK

For the past year and a half, one of my all-time favourite CDs had been missing:

The Philosopher Kings debut self-titled album.

I'm talkin' one of my FAVOURITE CDs here - right after my U2 collection and Live's Throwing Copper. (And of course, right after Terry Vain and the Itch.....) I listened to the buttery-smooth grooves of this disc on a regular basis, fell asleep to them most times. I LOVE this disc.

The most frustrating thing was that I KNEW where this disc was. Sort of. I had listened to it in Dono's car, kept it in there almost religiously....until one day when I went to reach for it, and it was GONE. M.I.A.

It didn't fall out anywhere. You couldn't understand unless you have been in his car. It's a vacuum, a deep abyss, a collection of things you forget you've ever owned until you somehow stumble across it hiding in the backseat one day. My CD was somewhere IN the car, or had gotten transferred into our new house somewhere. But who knew where it was?!!!

So for the past year and a half, I've been without a staple in my music-loving life. It wasn't like I could just go out and buy a new disc. They don't even MAKE this one anymore, can't find it ANYWHERE. We looked.

Then, somehow, through what I can only surmise is the Miracle of Christmas, I was awoken this morning by the familiar and sultry sounds of Gerald Eaton, serenading me with one of my favourite tunes, "I Can't Get My Mind Around You".

I've cranked my stereo to the max and the album's still playing.

There really IS a Santa Claus!

(Thanks Dono!)

Currently playing: The Philosopher Kings - Leave That Man (I won't be doing that now!) HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home