Saturday, December 17, 2005

My New Year's Resolution...

Every year, around this time, I take a few moments and reflect back on the year gone by. Was I a good enough person? Did I make the most of my year? Did I keep my New Year's resolution?

Although the answers for the first two are primarily subjective, and answers vary on the mood I'm in when I'm asking myself, the answer to the latter is constant: nope.

Every year, for at least the past decade, my resolutions have been the same: to quit smoking and to lose weight. Well, from the time I make my resolution on Jan 1st to the time the end of the year rolls around, I discover that I've increased my cigarette smoke intake and I've packed on some pounds.

So this year, I've decided to change things up a bit.

For 2006, I'm resolving to increase my smoking habits and just balloon out like an SOB.

(We'll see if this reverse psychology actually works!)

Either that, or I'm just going to resolve to not make any New Year's resolutions, and just to continue trying to be a good person and making the most of the new year.

We'll see how much wine I drink at 11:59pm on New Year's Eve - that will determine which resolution I choose to make.

Currently listening to: the sounds of Donovan bringing stuff into our new office from our dining room/storage room upstairs. It sounds soooo relaxing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home