Sunday, July 22, 2007

You're grounded! You're gonna stay in my uterus for 5 more months until you learn your lesson!

HAHAHA!

Yesterday was an AWESOME day!At around 8:30pm, I decided I had a craving for ambrosia salad.

No, wait - the BABY decided s/he had a craving for ambrosia salad!

(Donovan had NO idea what ambrosia salad is...so instead of me just sending him out to get some, I decided I should go, too!)

So we went to Superstore, made a bee-line for the deli counter. I tried to explain to Donovan what ambrosia salad is, but he still kept wanting to look in the produce section, with the other bagged salads. How cute. !!!

I looked around.....potato salad, macaroni salad...no ambrosia.

"Excuse me," I politely said to the deli counter lady, "but would you happen to know where I can find the ambrosia salad?"

She gave me this look, like "What? You didn't know?!" Recognizing that I didn't understand her facial expression, she began to explain to me that they discontinued their ambrosia salad, b/c it wasn't a "big seller".

Not a big seller? Who DOESN'T want marshmallow and coconutty goodness on a whim?

Ok, I said, we'll go elsewhere.

Next stop: Safeway. I was SURE they had some there!

Fast forward to the deli counter at Safeway: "Ummm, all our salads are here."

Me: "Yes, but is the ambrosia salad hiding somewhere else?"

Deli counter lady: "Ummm, here are all our salads."

Me: "Oh, so there's nowhere else it could be?"

Deli counter lady: "Ummmm, I'm new here. If you don't see it here, I don't think we have any."

Fine.

Next stop: Sobey's.

On the way to store #3, Donovan and I were joking around that if he wasn't so patient with me, this could lead to our demise! "Look what the baby's doing to us!" we joked. "You're grounded, Baby! You're gonna stay in Mommy's uterus for 5 months until you learn your lesson!"

HAHAHA!

So back to the search: negative on the ambrosia salad at Sobey's.

"Donovan," I told my very patient and loving husband, "the last time I bought ambrosia salad (5 yrs ago!), it was at the Safeway by my parent's house! Let's go there!"

25 minutes later....at the deli counter....negative on the ambrosia.

It was time to throw in the towel, which was fine, because by this time, my craving had worn off!

We got in the car, turned on the ignition, and the most perfect song was playing on the radio, no other tune could complement our experiences better: U2's I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

Ahhh, I love being pregnant! It's so much fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home