Tuesday, April 10, 2007

MIA, but back in the saddle! Following: My rant on Stupid Kids

Ok, so enough harassment (Tracy!), I'm back in blogger-land!

So many little events have occurred, so many blog-worthy incidences - and every single time something happened, I'd look at Dono and say, "I'm SO gonna blog about that!", and never do.

BAH!

Life gets in the way sometimes, and with all the other side projects I've got going on, I hate to say it, but my BLOBBING got put on the back burner. It hasn't been the first time, and it certainly won't be the last.

But I did manage to snap some shots of something I've been meaning to BLOB about for a while, so without further ado, here's my latest "I'm SO gonna blog about THAT!" idea!

First off, before I attach the photos, I have to say - we live in the North End.

Albeit, the "good" part of the North End. (This is what the cop told us to reassure us we were going to be ok after we got broken into over 2 yrs ago....but before Dono's windshield got smashed and his stereo stolen...I digress..!)

Now, it's no secret that the North End has it's stigmas, has certain trigger images that pop into one's mind when they hear the mere mention of this part of the city.

As much as I can, I'd like to stress that these things happen ALL OVER our fair city. But no other areas have the bad rap that our little neck o' the woods has.

Unfair? Perhaps. And I always wanted to keep my mother reassured that our neighbourhood IS safe, and that it was ok for her to come over and visit us! But our neighbourhood, although we live in the "good" part of the North End, has unfortunately not managed to escape the besmirchment associated with it's larger community connection.

Our back lane has been graffititicized* (*my new word).

Now, this is NOT uncommon, but the content of the tags has me a tad concerned.

I give the kidlets credit for expressing their creativity through artistically adorning other peoples' properties, but for God's sake, children, if you're going to do something like that, then show your parents or legal guardians that skipping school to spray paint garage doors ISN'T affecting your academic achievements....LEARN TO SPELL!

Otherwise, if you're going to tag someone's property, spelling the words wrong doesn't make us appreciate or support your artistic development - and we can all agree, THAT'S what the kids are looking for - respect as an artist!

My advice to you - stay in school, learn to spell words properly, and THEN, you can spray paint the hell out of whatever you want! Just do it properly!



















Or perhaps the joke is on us.....perhaps "Drugtonw" and "Blodds" ARE real words, and WE'RE the academically-challenged generation.

Boy, that's egg on my face. ;)

Currently listening to: The Plumb Song - Snow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home